Zombie Kingz, or commonly referred to as Zombies, are one of the enemies in DEADBOLT. They're the first form of undead the Reaper is tasked to eliminate. They're easily distinguishable by their distinct green skin colour and their ghetto appearance. They dominate the first mission arc.
Zombies are said to be formed from deaths by drug overdose, according to the demo release. Roland leads the Zombies, along with one of his low level dealer associate Puff. They live in various mobile houses, apartments, and motels. In the mission Follow the Hounds, they are also seen keeping and maintaining a Hellhound pound.
Types[edit | edit source]
There are currently 4 types of Zombies:
Bullies[edit | edit source]
Zombies with crowbars. Attacks by running forward and briefly stopping before swinging his crowbar within close distance.
Punks[edit | edit source]
Zombies armed with 9mm pistols. Attacks by shooting within medium distance.
Shamblers[edit | edit source]
Zombies with separate heads wielding a sub-machinegun. Attacks from long distance.
Shamblers can only see wherever their head is facing. Despite the head being immobile, it can turn to wherever direction it was alerted. This means that unlike other enemy types which tend to investigate its surroundings (walking around, opening doors and wandering near entryways), shamblers would instead take cover for an indefinite amount of time, rendering any frontal attacks vile.
Shamblers drop their gun when dying.
Bouncers[edit | edit source]
Huge zombies in hoodie armed with a sawn-off shotgun. Attacks within medium distance.
Bouncers are the toughest common Zombie enemy, being able to withstand 1-2 headshots. Bouncers drop their shotgun when dying.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Neither Bullies, Punks, nor Shamblers are able to retaliate between melee attacks.
- Being separated from their heads, Shamblers might be either an easy kill or a disadvantage. Always aim for their heads since their bodies can withstand more attacks compared to Punks and Bullies, and they can attack from a long distance while also taking an indefinite cover.
- It is possible to melee a Bouncer to death, and it is easier to do so when they're reloading.
- A good aim with Headhunter can take down a Bouncer in just one shot.
References[edit | edit source]
- "When people die from drug overdoses, they get stuck here as zombies. Their fire never returns to me" said the flames.