Zombie Kingz, or commonly referred to as Zombies, are one of the enemies in DEADBOLT. They're the first form of undead the Reaper is tasked to eliminate. They're easily distinguishable by their distinct green skin colour and their ghetto appearance. They dominate the first mission arc.
Zombies are said to be formed from deaths by drug overdose, according to the demo release. Roland leads the Zombies, along with one of his low level dealer associate Puff. They live in various mobile houses, apartments, and motels. In the mission Follow the Hounds, they are also seen keeping and maintaining a Hellhound pound.
Types[edit | edit source]
There are currently 4 types of Zombies:
Bullies[edit | edit source]
Zombies with crowbars. Attacks by running forward and briefly stopping before swinging his crowbar within close distance.
Bullies will wear a white tank-top, white backwards cap, and blue jeans with no shoes.
Punks[edit | edit source]
Zombies armed with 9mm pistols. Attacks by shooting within medium distance.
Punks are seen with no shirt, a black and white cap, and black pants with a belt... And no shoes.
Shamblers[edit | edit source]
Zombies with separate heads wielding a sub-machinegun. Attacks from long distance.
Shamblers can only see wherever their head is facing. Despite the head being immobile, it can turn to wherever direction it was alerted. This means that unlike other enemy types which tend to investigate its surroundings (walking around, opening doors and wandering near entryways), shamblers would instead take cover for an indefinite amount of time, rendering any frontal attacks vile.
They wear a gray sweater with black and white shirts under, a black beanie, and green pants with no shoes.
Shamblers drop their gun when dying.
Bouncers[edit | edit source]
Huge zombies in hoodies armed with a sawn-off shotgun. Attacks within medium distance.
Bouncers are the toughest common Zombie enemy, being able to withstand 1-2 headshots. Bouncers drop their shotgun when dying.
As previously stated, Bouncers will wear a gray hoodie with gray pants. They are very large with bald, egg-like heads.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
There are 2 bosses in the zombie mission set:
Puff[edit | edit source]
He wears either a black beanie similar to a Shambler's, a hood, or a tilted cap (I am unsure); a black padded coat; and a pair of blue jeans. He is also similar in appearance to a bouncer but with grey hair.
The final boss of the zombie campaign. Wields a sub-machinegun. He is also spoken of in the zombie tapes.
He wears a gray cap with multiple gold chains and bracelets, he has a gray shirt with black pants and white shoes. He also notable has a black beard.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Neither Bullies, Punks, nor Shamblers are able to retaliate between melee attacks.
- Being separated from their heads, Shamblers might be either an easy kill or a disadvantage. Always aim for their heads since their bodies can withstand more attacks compared to Punks and Bullies, and they can attack from a long distance while also taking an indefinite cover.
- It is possible to melee a Bouncer to death, and it is easier to do so when they're reloading.
- A good aim with Headhunter can take down a Bouncer in just one shot.
- Zombies can also be spawned through backup vehicles as seen in 'No Vacancy'.
References[edit | edit source]
- "When people die from drug overdoses, they get stuck here as zombies. Their fire never returns to me" said the flames.