Zombie Kingz, commonly referred to as Zombies, are one of the enemies in DEADBOLT. They're the first form of undead the Reaper is tasked to eliminate. They're easily distinguishable by their green skin colour and ghetto appearance. They dominate the first mission arc.
Zombies are said to be formed from deaths by drug overdose, according to the demo release. Roland leads the Zombies, along with one of his low-level dealer associates, Puff. They live in mobile houses, apartments, and motels. In the mission Follow the Hounds, they are seen keeping and maintaining a Hellhound pound.
Types[edit | edit source]
There are 4 types of Zombies:
Bullies[edit | edit source]
Zombies with crowbars. Attacks by running forward and briefly stopping before swinging his crowbar.
Bullies wear a white tank top, white backwards cap, and blue jeans with no shoes.
Punks[edit | edit source]
Zombies armed with 9mm pistols. Shoots within medium distance.
Punks wear no shirt, a black and white cap, and black pants with a belt… and no shoes.
Shamblers[edit | edit source]
Zombies with severed heads wielding a sub-machinegun, which they drop on death. Attacks from long distance.
Shamblers can only see wherever their head faces. Despite the head being immobile, it can swivel to wherever direction it was alerted. This means that unlike other enemy types which tend to investigate their surroundings (walking around, opening doors, and wandering near entryways), Shamblers instead take cover for an indefinite amount of time, rendering any frontal attacks futile.
They wear a gray sweater, black and white shirts under, a black beanie, and green pants with no shoes.
Bouncers[edit | edit source]
Huge zombies armed with a sawn-off shotgun, which they drop upon dying. Attacks within medium distance.
Bouncers are the toughest common Zombie enemy, able to withstand 1–2 headshots.
Bouncers wear a gray hoodie with gray pants. They are very large with bald, egglike heads.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
There are 2 bosses in the zombie mission set:
Puff[edit | edit source]
He wears either a black beanie similar to a Shambler's, a hood, or a tilted cap (I am unsure); a black padded coat; and blue jeans. He looks similar to a bouncer but with grey hair.
The final boss of the zombie campaign. Wields a sub-machinegun. He is also spoken of in the zombie tapes.
He wears a gray cap, multiple gold chains and bracelets, a gray shirt, black pants, and white shoes. He also has a black beard.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Neither Bullies, Punks, nor Shamblers can retaliate between melee attacks.
- Being separated from their heads, Shamblers might be either an easy kill or a nightmare. Always aim for their heads since their bodies can withstand more damage compared to Punks and Bullies, and they can attack from a long distance while also taking indefinite cover.
- It is possible to melee a Bouncer to death. It is easier to do so when they're reloading.
- A good aim with the Headhunter can take down a Bouncer in just one shot.
- Zombies can spawn from backup vehicles as seen in 'No Vacancy'.
References[edit | edit source]
- "When people die from drug overdoses, they get stuck here as zombies. Their fire never returns to me" said the flames.